How to Apply as a Global Direct Online Student
Global Direct Online is designed to help students create a customized plan to complete a U.S. degree. Your enrollment options include:
TRANSITION TO MAIN
- This path is designed for first-time college students to earn credit online with the intention to complete the UArizona degree in person on the main campus in Tucson.
- This path allows students to earn a full bachelor’s degree online. Explore our fully online degree options!
- This path allows students to take courses online with the intention to transfer that credit to another U.S. college or university.
- This path is designed for students who want to enhance their educational experiences through a set of focused and interrelated courses in areas of interdisciplinary, global interest, or professional need.
When You Should Apply
Fall Semester Application Dates
Fall semester classes begin in August.
- Application opens: February 15
- Application deadline: July 15
- Applications will still be accepted from July 16-September 15 for an October start (7-week session). Please note, this session has limited course availability.
Spring Semester Application Dates
Spring semester classes begin in January.
- Application opens: August 15
- Application deadline: November 15
- Applications will still be accepted from November 16-February 15 for a March start (7-week session). Please note, this session has limited course availability.
Please note: If any of the above deadlines fall on a Saturday or Sunday, applications will be accepted through the following Monday.
Summer Session Application Dates
Summer session classes begin in June.
For international students enrolling in college for the first time, we recommend to start your undergraduate studies in the Fall or Spring semester. A wider range of courses and more a comprehensive community of academic and social support is available. Should you choose to still apply for summer term, the dates go as follows:
- Application opens: February 15
- Application deadline: April 15
What You Need to Provide
Complete the Global Direct Online Application Form. Your complete application will include:
- $65 Application Fee
- You may upload unofficial transcripts for initial admission evaluation. If a transcript is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript. Applicants for enrollment term Summer/Fall 24 will be required to submit official secondary/high school or college/university transcripts (or official exam results) at the time of enrollment.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- If your primary language is not English or you attended school in a non-English speaking country, regardless of citizenship, you will be required to provide proof of English Proficiency.
What to Expect
- The online application takes 20-30 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session.
- Within two days of submitting your application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to check your application status online using the Future Wildcat portal.
- At least once a week be sure to check the email account you used to apply for updates about your admission status, which may require you to take some action.
- Once your application is complete, you will typically be notified of your admission decision within 2 weeks.
- Admission decisions are announced by email.
- Be sure to check your email regularly after you have been admitted, to take the important next steps for enrollment. Responding to requests in a timely manner will facilitate your smooth transition into the Global Direct Online program.