How to Apply as a Global Direct Online Student
Global Direct Online is designed to help students create a customized plan to complete a US degree. Your enrollment options include:
TRANSITION TO MAIN
- This path is designed for first-time college students to earn credit online with the intention to complete the UArizona degree in person on the main campus in Tucson.
- This path allows students to earn a full bachelor’s degree online. Explore our fully online degree options!
- This path allows students to take courses online with the intention to transfer that credit to another US college or university.
- This path is designed for students who have completed 60 or more units of diverse coursework and want to apply those courses to a degree program at the University of Arizona. Through this path, you will earn your degree in General Studies completely online from UArizona’s College of Humanities.
- This path is designed for students who want to enhance their educational experiences through a set of focused and interrelated courses in areas of interdisciplinary, global interest, professional need.
When You Should Apply
We offer two start date options: August (Fall A) or October (Fall B).
- Want to start in August? Complete your application file by August 1.
- Want to start in October? Complete your application file by September 15.
We offer two start date options: January (Spring A) or March (Spring B).
- Want to start in January? Complete your application file by November 1.
- Want to start in March? Complete your application file by February 15.
Summer Sessions begin in May.
- While summer-start admission options are available, for most international students enrolling in college for the first time, it is better to start undergraduate studies in the Fall or Spring semester, when a wider range of courses and more a comprehensive community of academic and social support are available. Please contact an enrollment counselor to discuss your best start date.
What You Need to Provide
Complete the Global Direct Online Application Form. Your complete application will include:
- You may upload unofficial transcripts for initial admission evaluation. If a transcript is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- If your primary language is not English or you attended school in a non-English speaking country, regardless of citizenship, you will be required to provide proof of English Proficiency.
What to Expect
- The online application takes 20-30 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session.
- Within two days of submitting your application, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to check your application status online using the Future Wildcat portal.
- At least once a week be sure to check the email account you used to apply for updates about your admission status, which may require you to take some action.
- Once your application is complete, you’ll typically be notified of your admission decision within 2 weeks.
- Admission decisions are announced by email.
- Be sure to check your email regularly after you’ve been admitted, so you can take the next steps for enrollment. Responding to requests in a timely manner will facilitate your smooth transition into the Global Direct Online program.