Transcript Information for International Applications
- High School Transcripts
Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for initial evaluation. At any time, you may be contacted to submit official/verified transcripts. Check the Country Requirement page for whether you will be required to submit an official version of your secondary transcripts. To be considered for admission, simply upload your transcripts through the application. If you were not able to upload the transcripts in your application, you can log back in Future Wildcat to upload them. Or, you can email legible PDF copies of transcripts to email@example.com.
Official transcripts showing grades for all years of secondary/high school and official exam results or certificates from your country will be required before you enroll at the University of Arizona.
- International College/University Transcripts
If you have attended any college or university outside of the United States during or post-high school, unofficial transcripts from each institution you have attended are sufficient for initial evaluation. You can also upload them via Future Wildcat or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official college/university transcripts from each international institution you have attended will be required at the time of enrollment.
- U.S. College/University Transcripts
If you have attended any college or university IN the United States during or post-high school, you must submit official transcripts from each institution you have attended. Ideally, as you request official transcripts, plan to send them electronically directly to REGemail@example.com. You can also mail them directly to the Office of International Admissions.
What Do We Consider Official Records?
All academic records sent to the University of Arizona International Admissions office directly from the institution attended are considered to be official records. All records must be original or certified copies with the seal of the issuing institution or signed by an appropriate authority.
All international documents must be translated into English.
Certified translations include:
- Translations issued or verified by the issuing institution.
- Translations issued by the Ministry of Education (translations done by other government ministries are not valid).
- For Iran only: Translations issued by the Ministry of Justice.
- Translations completed by National Center for Interpretation Services or by a NACES member (Evaluations must be accompanied by the original transcript. Evaluations submitted without a transcript will be considered unofficial).
Our mailing address:
The University of Arizona
615 N Park Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85721
Applicants must upload unofficial pdf versions of all transcripts when submitting their application in our GradApp system. Individual departmental application instructions will indicate if official transcripts are required for initial departmental review purposes, please review the Graduate Programs Catalog for more information.
Once formally admitted to the University of Arizona, official versions of transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended will be required. Be advised that all materials submitted in support of an application become the property of the University of Arizona and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to other schools or agencies.
- Transcripts From U.S. Colleges/Universities
- An official transcript is one that has been officially issued by an institution and received at the University of Arizona in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. The transcript must contain the official school seal or stamp and the signature of the Registrar.
- E-Transcripts are considered official if sent directly from the institution or transcript service to either University of Arizona department personnel or the Graduate College transcripts inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that electronic transcripts are sent as a PDF document.
- Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework.
- Transcripts From International Colleges/Universities
- Official documents must be an original or certified copy that is issued by the university or college. Each page must contain the original stamp or seal of the institution, the original signature of the appropriate school authority, and the date of issuance.
- Transcript must be a comprehensive record of all studies completed, detailing courses studied and the grades (marks) received.
- Degree or Diploma certificates are required if the degree is not officially posted on the transcript. Degree or Diploma certificates must indicate the type of degree awarded and the date of award.
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates/Diplomas must be submitted in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college.
- E-Transcripts are considered official if sent directly from the institution or transcript service to either University of Arizona department personnel or the Graduate College transcripts inbox at email@example.com. Please ensure that electronic transcripts are sent as PDF documents.
- For those individuals whose university issues only one set of official documents, please be prepared to present those documents to the Graduate Admissions office for viewing after arrival and enrollment.
- The Graduate Admissions office performs all international credentials evaluations in-house and does not accept evaluations from private credentials evaluation services in lieu of the original official transcripts and/or diploma from the issuing institution.